Investment is a great way to come to the United States.  There are options available for Green Cards and temporary visas depending on your nationality and the amount of your investment.  But the structure of the business and the investment can be the difference between approval and denial.

The E-2 nonimmigrant visa is available to those from certain nations and requires a substantial investment with no statutory lower limit.  This visa can be extended indefinitely and the E-2 spouse can also qualify for work authorization.

The EB-5 immigrant visa is a Green Card based on an investment of $1,000,000 in a venture that creates ten U.S. jobs.  In certain areas the investment can be half as much, and with certain businesses and investment structures the job creation calculation can be modified to the investor’s benefit.

These two options each have their own complexities, and can even be used in coordination, such as starting off on E-2 and then converting to EB-5.  No matter which route you choose, make sure that an experienced attorney is there to guide you from the start.  Contact Pilehvar Law today to begin the process.